Full fsck might help lockmgr problems

From: Nik Clayton <nik_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 19:08:38 +0000
Sorry for the vagueness of the info herein, but I figured someone might
find it handy.  After moving up to the latest -current, as of about 24
hours ago, I've been seeing a number of hangs, and occasional panics
with 'lockmgr: locking against myself' messages.

After a few of these, and some wierdness involving a directory that
couldn't be removed, on a hunch, I went single user and ran a full fsck
of the filesystems.  Prior to that I'd been relying on background fsck.

The foreground fsck turned up some problems that the background fsck
hadn't, dating back to some crashes earlier in February.

So far, no hangs, doing all the normal stuff I'd do to provoke one
(typically, trying to build X + KDE would reliably deadlock).

Of course, because I was in a hurry to get this done, I don't have any
more details that might help in tracking down the (possible) problem
with background fsck.  Sorry 'bout that.