Re: fxp network problems on alpha

From: Sten Spans <sten_at_blinkenlights.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 00:53:48 +0100 (CET)
On Tue, 9 Mar 2004, Sten Spans wrote:

<snip>

> > And with the appended patch.
> >
> > Can you see if either or both help you?
>
> I have replaced the nics with xl's which work fine.
> I'll try to reproduce the problem on the ds10 which I
> have at home.

OK, this is getting interesting. The same cards
work properly in the ev6/ds10 at home. This must be
some kind of really wierd problem with the ev56/164SX
vs fxp which is triggered in FBSD5, and not in FBSD4.
I have the box running with xl's for now.

But I'll schedule some time in a few weeks to test
different fxp revisions/slot arrangements.

--
Sten Spans

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
Leonard Cohen - Anthem