Re: got "swap_pager: indefinite wait buffe" under -current

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 02:42:05 -0700
Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> In message <20040310103020.Y69923_at_fw.reifenberger.com>, Michael Reifenberger wr
> ites:
>
>>Hi,
>>under -current as of yesterday I got during the fixation of an audio CD
>>using cdrecord via atapicam the following console message:
>>
>>swap_pager: indefinite wait buffer: device: ad0s2a, blkno: 34107, size: 16384
>>
>>What does that mean?
>

> That a disk-I/O request did not complete.
>
> Likely cause is disk hardware or media error.
>
> Check for console messages from ata driver.
>
> You can try to run gstat(8) the leftmost column which shows number
> of outstanding I/O requests.

Actually, this is more likely due to bad error recovery in ATAPI causing
all of the other I/O to be held hostage.  It's hard to say if this is
purely the fault of the ata driver, or if there is a more insideous
interaction between ata and GEOM.  In any case, you might try using
burncd(8) to see if the problem persists.

Scott