Re: "nanobsd" prototype

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:00:03 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 10 Mar 2004, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> In message <20040310113611.GA1241_at_abigail.blackend.org>, Marc Fonvieille writes
> :
> >On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 12:16:37AM +0100, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
> >[...]
> >>
> >> Feedback of all sorts most welcome!  And more documentation
> >> to arrive as it gets written.
> >>

> >It'd be great to be able to choose, via a parameter, between a 3 slices
> >version and a 2 slices one.  Or one should trim down the installed
> >images, a 128MB CF card should be the minimal media size.
> >Well I know 256MB will be less expensive in future, and since I'm still
> >using 8MB cards on the 4501, I must be an outdated guy :))
>
> Not long ago I manually cut down a -current to run in 32MB but I
> admit that there were a fair bit of stuff missing :-)

I once had used your script to write my own and I am currently
building s.th. that is around 23MB uncompressed or 8.5MB as a gzipped
md_image and I have not looked at the building process for some time
so I suspect it could be further cut down if I'd take the time.

The above also still inlcudes some binaries or whole ports like
dhcprelay, host, nsupdate, racoon and postfix.

> My main goal with this is to give us a common ground to work from,
> and avoid us all reinventing the deep plate and the hot water over
> and over again.

I will definitively have a look at it :-)

56 69 73 69 74				http://www.zabbadoz.net/