Re: Who wants SACK? (Re: was My planned work on networking stack)

From: Doug Barton <DougB_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 13:53:08 -0800 (PST)
FWIW, I have heard the same type of stuff during my travels that's been
reported here already. "We'd like to have used FreeBSD for this project,
but it doesn't support SACK.

We're at a difficult juncture here, since on the one hand it's widely
acknowledged that we're (almost) all volunteers, so no one can tell us
what to work on. :)  OTOH, some members of the project have said that
they'd like $SOMEONE to provide guidance to the project as a whole. I
think this might be a good area for someone official (which is certainly
not me) to stand up and say, "Yes, the project wants SACK, who's up for
it?"

Doug