acpi.ko loading

From: Jorge Aldana <jorge_at_salk.edu>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:37:50 -0800 (PST)
Hello Current Users,

I have started down the 5.2.1 branch and have successfully installed it. I do
get one issue, its with acpi.ko, it is loaded automatically, is that supposed to
happen? It was conflicting with the nvidia driver (nvidia.ko), once I removed
acpi.ko everything worked fine. I had to rename or delete the acpi.ko module to
keep it from loading, its not in the kernel config file or the /boot/loader.conf
file so I'm wondering what causes it to be loaded or is it a default load? I
didn't find anything under /boot/default/loader.conf that was specific to acpi,
but found these:

>grep acpi /boot/defaults/loader.conf
acpi_dsdt_load="NO"             # DSDT Overriding
acpi_dsdt_type="acpi_dsdt"      # Don't change this
acpi_dsdt_name="/boot/acpi_dsdt.aml"

whis is already set to not be loaded?

Anyone seen this?

Jorge