Re: IBM/Intel Blade problems

From: Danny Braniss <danny_at_cs.huji.ac.il>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 09:57:54 +0200
> You might try building a kernel without apic and SMP support on current
> and seeing if that PXE boots.  My laptop tends to hang when starting X
> if I leave it in.

I tried, but the hangup is the same, and only a long-press on the power button,
-IBM/Intel don't believe in reset button- resets

<more ranting>
they don't believe in serial console either, so the best one can do
in such cases is have a photographic mind while watching the messages go by
btw, we managed to "hijack" the remote-console via vncviewer, so at least
we don't need jdk 1.4.
</more ranting>

in any case, there is a copy of the dmesg in (good old syslog)

	ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/users/danny/freebsd/blade.dmsg

danny