Re: Fw: authpf user missing from master.passwd

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 17:58:40 +0100
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 07:57:57AM -0800, Doug Barton wrote:
> Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 08:45:21AM -0600, jesse marquez wrote:
> >
> >>Can i just cvsup and buildworld again to fix this?
> >

> > Doesn't look like it to me. I've re-cvsup'ed off of cvsup3 and cvsup8,
> > but /usr/src/etc/master.passwd doesn't contain the authpf user.
>
> mlaier, what's the story here? Is the authpf user needed? If so, can you
> please add it to master.passwd?

There is no authpf user, only a group (which is the owner of the authpf
binary). It was this that blew the whole thing up. "id -g" takes a
_user_name as an argument and returns it effective group, hence the check
does not do what it claims to do (i.e. checking for group existance)!

You can cvsup and get a Makefile.inc1 w/o the check (checking for user proxy
should be enough for those who forgot to read UPDATING). I'll update
Makefile.inc1 shortly with a more correct version of the checks and close
the related PR.

--
Best regards,				| mlaier_at_freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661