Re: /etc/rc.d/mixer script for review..

From: John Baldwin <jhb_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 12:25:10 -0500
On Wednesday 10 March 2004 07:22 pm, Mathew Kanner wrote:
> On Mar 10, John Baldwin wrote:
> > >
> > > 	ports/sysutils/mixer
> >
> > Then why not stick that in the base system and convert it to rc.d?
>
> 	I seem to recall long debates about where it really belongs,
> etc, etc.  I don't personally have an opinion on this issue and would
> be happy to have it included in a default install.
> 	If you move it, I will document it.

Here's a version that supports multiple mixers and is converted to rc.d:

#!/bin/sh -
#
# Copyright (c) 2004  The FreeBSD Project
# All rights reserved.
#
# Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
# modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
# are met:
# 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
# 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
#    notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
#    documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
#
# THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
# ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
# IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
# ARE DISCLAIMED.  IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
# FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
# DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
# OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
# HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
# LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
# OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
# SUCH DAMAGE.
#
# $FreeBSD$
#

# PROVIDE: mixer
# REQUIRE: LOGIN usbd
# KEYWORD: FreeBSD

. /etc/rc.subr

name="mixer"
stop_cmd="mixer_stop"
start_cmd="mixer_start"
reload_cmd="mixer_start"
extra_commands="reload"

#
# List current mixer devices to stdout.
#
list_mixers()
{

	( cd /dev ; ls mixer* 2>/dev/null )
}

#
# Echo state file name for an individual mixer ($1) to stdout
#
mixer_statefile()
{
	echo "/var/db/${1}-state"
}

#
# Save state of an individual mixer specified as $1
#
mixer_save()
{
	local file dev

	dev="/dev/${1}"
	file=`mixer_statefile $1`
	if [ -r ${dev} ]; then
		/usr/sbin/mixer -f ${dev} -s > ${file} 2>/dev/null
	fi
}

#
# Restore the state of an individual mixer specified as $1
#
mixer_restore()
{
	local file dev

	dev="/dev/${1}"
	file=`mixer_statefile $1`
	if [ -r ${dev} -a -r ${file} ]; then
		/usr/sbin/mixer -f ${dev} `cat ${file}` > /dev/null
	fi
}

#
# Restore state of all mixers