Re: I like SCHED_4BSD

From: Mike B <meb_at_cinci.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 22:18:40 -0500
Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Julian Stecklina <der_julian_at_web.de> writes:
>
>>How did you get firefox to load that fast? It takes about 15 seconds
>>on my 1GHz laptop.
>
> snipped...
> I think it's safe to conclude that there's something wrong with your laptop.
>
> DES

I'm doubtful on this one, considering that 4BSD gives performance that
is in line with the specs of my laptop (2.0 ghz P4 desktop model
processor, not the newer p4-m? or whatever they call it, 256mb pc2700
ddr, 40gb hd with 8mb cache). I should also mention it is always plugged
into ac and has the 'performance' power profile set. I'm open to the
fact that my hardware my not be performing to it's full potential
though, if that was your meaning. Thanks for your input

Mike