Re: "nanobsd" prototype

From: Robert Blacquiere <freebsd-current_at_guldan.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2004 11:48:48 +0100
On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 04:04:12PM -0700, M. Warner Losh wrote:
> In message: <52729.1079033952_at_critter.freebsd.dk>
>             "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk_at_phk.freebsd.dk> writes:
> : I want nanobsd to use the normal build/installworld targets, but feel
> : free to prune your system in the Customize target.
>
> Maybe it is time to have a generic way to include/exclude directories
> from installworld, but not buildworld.  This lack is one of the main

Maybe not only directories but binairies also. just have a list of binairies
which you do want. and have make scripts lookup the libs needed?

> reasons that I have a custom install script rather than using
> installworld for the build environment we have at work.

This way we kan have just the tools we needed and leave every thing else
out of the system. nanobsd is meant to be small, so i thing we should try
to make it bare min to fit on a 16 mb flash. If people want more it would
be possible with use of the "include" file adding more binairies and libs.

> Warner

Warner you have my vote.

Robert

FreeBSD: Are you guys coming or what?
OpenBSD: Hey guys you left some holes out there!