Re: [current tinderbox] failure on ia64/ia64

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 12:59:13 +0100
Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_freebsd.org> writes:
> I cannot reproduce it either, but perhaps this is the same reason why
> we still have -Wno-uninitialized in <bsd.sys.mk> for normal WARNS
> levels.

No, we use -Wno-uninitialized because of cases where it is obvious to
humans but not to gcc that a variable is initialized, such as:

    if (foo != NULL)
        bar = baz(foo);
    /* some code that doesn't change foo */
    if (foo != NULL)
        printf("%d\n", bar);

If you remove the code between the two ifs, gcc will coalesce them and
realize nothing fishy is going on (unless you compile with -O0).

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no