RE: Pkg-based base system.

From: Will Saxon <WillS_at_housing.ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:17:58 -0500

I'm not sure why this is such a big problem - I have certainly
wanted to remove e.g. BIND or sendmail after deciding to use
something else. I think it would be most useful in a situation where
you have an already installed system that you then define NO_XXX
make variables for during a buildworld, and then want to clean out
the old/unupdated stuff.

On the other hand, I have been using Gentoo linux for awhile on this
amd64 workstation and I have to say, what a pain in the ass it was
to install! Imagine my surprise when I wanted to use traceroute and
found I needed to install it as a package. And vi. And syslog. And
cron! It was absurd.

-Will