Re: Panics on HEAD

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 10:16:54 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 17 Mar 2004, Martin Blapp wrote:

> On a IBM 345 dual xeon, I've massive problems with stability.
>
> Some thimes the box locks up on background fsck after a crash,
> sometimes it panics with a page fault.
>
> Does anybod of you see similar problems with CURRENT and
> SMP on busy machines ?

I'm running some busy nameds on x335's, which are very similar hardware.
I had to turn off ACPI to get the keyboard to work, though, so I don't
think they are using HTT.  They're running 5.2-RELEASE.

I'd check temperature while you're investigating.  Those machines have
plenty of fans but if the ambient temp is too high they'll overheat.