Re: Pkg-based base system.

From: Erik Trulsson <ertr1013_at_student.uu.se>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 23:29:57 +0100
On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 11:05:07PM +0100, Johan Pettersson wrote:
> On Wed, 17 Mar 2004 13:53:32 -0800
> Ted Faber <faber_at_ISI.EDU> wrote:
>
> > Oh, sorry.  I thought you understood the literal meaning but not the
> > way it was used in the list.
> >
> > A bikeshed is a small shed used to keep one's bicycle out of the
> > rain/snow/sleet/sun/other weather.  They're not very sophisticated
> > structures compared to, say, atomic power plants.
> >

> Ahh, okey. Thanks. Think I get it now. But I still don't understand all
> the flamage against me. :/

The particular issue you raised (being able to pick and choose what
parts of the base system should be installed) tends to come up every
few months and has done so for several years now.
People are really, Really, REALLY tired of that discussion by now, and
anybody who tries to start the discussion again without having anything
new to add that hasn't been discussed to death several times over
before, is likely to be flamed for trying to start the discussion
*again*.

--
<Insert your favourite quote here.>
Erik Trulsson