Re: Pkg-based base system.

From: Peter Schultz <pmes_at_bis.midco.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 11:09:18 -0600
Richard Coleman wrote:
> The fact that certain bikesheds come up frequently is an indication that
> many people are interested in it.

Well, both sides commit fallacies in their arguments, so FreeBSD just
keeps hanging out in the field in between where the work gets done.  The
whole "create your own BSD" may seem like a cop out, but it is what
works out for the best.  It took years of going back and forth, but Matt
Dillon finally did just that, and despite anyone's hard feelings, I'm
sure it will only benefit our much beloved BSD.  Maybe you can work with
DragonFly on creating "The Ultimate Package Management System."

I say three cheers for FreeBSD, and let this thread die!  :-)

Pete...