Re: Updating sparc64 time_t, hostname not found

From: Garance A Drosihn <drosih_at_rpi.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:56:28 -0500
At 11:38 AM -0800 3/18/04, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>On Thu, Mar 18, 2004, Garance A Drosihn wrote:
>  >
>  > He apparently doesn't have a /usr/src/include/a.out.h, or for
>  > some reason this step thinks that he does not have it, so the
>  >'make' dies at that point.
>
>It's also possible that the time hasn't been set correctly (or due
>to to time_t being 64-bit it's read as bogus) so that make thinks
>it needs to update something.
>
>...what a minute the make that is being used is the one built from
>src/Makefile as the result of the existing make being to old. But
>that one doesn't use a 64-bit time_t. We need to pick up the make(1)
>from under /usr/obj/usr/src/usr.bin/make...
>
>Does that sound plausible?

If he is using the 'installworld_newk' script, then that script
builds a list of 64-bTT binaries in /tmp/install-newk.XXX, and
uses those binaries for 'make installworld'.  That list of 64-bTT
programs will include 'make'.

--
Garance Alistair Drosehn            =   gad_at_gilead.netel.rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer           or  gad_at_freebsd.org