Re: NFS: process hangs when uploading file to server

From: Stefan Walter <sw_at_gegenunendlich.de>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 11:32:14 +0100
Stefan Walter, 15.02.04, 18:14h CET:

> Since updating my main workstation and notebook from 5.2-RELEASE to
> -CURRENT, I'm having problems with the notebook when trying to
> upload/copy a file to the desktop machine via NFS. The (e.g) cp process

A late followup, in case anyone was wondering what the problem was.
Playing around with the interface and another switch/hub as well as
other operating systems revealed that it's (*gasp*) the RealTek NIC -
upload only works with 10baseT/UTP, 100baseTX is unusable in both
half-duplex and full-duplex mode.
Sorry for the noise, I really thought it had been working before 5.2.

Stefan