Re: Pan crashing in libgnuregex after -pthread switchover

From: Jason Andresen <jandrese_at_mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 09:36:13 -0500
Peter Edwards wrote:

> Doug White wrote:
>
>> For the record, the OpenLDAP server has the same problem.
>>

> On reflection, I think the most likely candidate is picking up the
> FreeBSD regex headers, but linking to the GNU regex library. There seems
> to be some activity afoot there  recently, but I wasn't been following
> it. Maybe just adding -I /usr/include/gnu to the CFLAGS would help.
> (I've an old mail from Andrey Chernov in my -current mailbox that
> mentioned he wanted to do some work on this. Any comments, Andrey?)

That seems to fix the problem.  I'm surprised that picking up the wrong
include file would cause crashes at runtime, but forcing Pan to use the
gnuregex header file fixed the problem.

--
   \  |_ _|__ __|_ \ __| Jason Andresen        jandrese_at_mitre.org
  |\/ |  |    |    / _|  Network and Distributed Systems Engineer