Re: Pan crashing in libgnuregex after -pthread switchover

From: Andrey Chernov <ache_at_nagual.pp.ru>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:18:14 +0300
On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 05:06:08PM +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 03:58:07PM +0300, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > Idea that library must match headers used is pretty natural.
>
> Just yet one note: the ports which expects _binary_ compatibility between
> our headers and some 3rd party library (as GNU one) are broken initially.
> Even it was so at some moment, later each library can evolve by its own
> path, so nothing guaranteed here.

The exact example of this situation is the whole case we discuss. I not
remove NO_POSIX_COMPAT ifndef from GNU sources - they did it by themself.
Should we revert their decision and make it looks like old one? Should we
do it in all future cases? I think - not.

--
Andrey Chernov | http://ache.pp.ru/