Re: libpthread / mysql41-server

From: Andy Hilker <ah_at_crypta.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 14:52:51 +0100
You (Alex Dupre) wrote:
> Andy Hilker wrote:
>
> >Thats exactly, what i see. Installed port without options needs
> >sometimes minutes to answer normal easy queries. mysqld processes
> >is not killable (only by -9).
>
> That's not normal, and it's not due to system scope threads. They are
> slower and bad scheduled, but mysql can answer thousands queries per
> second even so.

But with libc_r statically or dynamically linked it works normal.
Shutdown, too.
I have rebuild all ports, world, kernel... but libpthreads are not
usable with mysql for me. :-\

Now i tried a linuxthreads patch and it links correctly.
I will use linuxthreads again and try libpthreads another time again.

Thanks for all the answers, help, patches... :)

Andy