Looking for someone actively using netatalk on 5-CURRENT, willing to , try patches

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 13:33:56 -0500 (EST)
I'm currently working through various parts of the network subsystem in
FreeBSD 5-CURRENT looking for things that require fine-grained locking in
order for us to push Giant off the network stack top-to-bottom.  One of
the areas of the stack I'm currently paying a lot of attention to is
netatalk.  However, I don't have any systems using netatalk, or experience
deploying it (last time I touched ethertalk was in 1996, and I used CAP).
I'm looking for someone who is:

(1) Using netatalk actively on FreeBSD 5-CURRENT.

(2) Willing to run some a series of experimental patches on the system.

(3) Willing to accept a risk of instability or data loss during testing.

(4) Willing to do some basic kernel debugging (run with DDB, generate
    stack traces from panics, etc).

In the short term, the system doesn't need to be SMP, although eventually
that would be useful.  Right now, I'm just looking for someone able to
exercise the code a bit to make sure assertions don't fail, etc.  If you
fit this description, please contact me privately and I can start dropping
you patches to try out.  You don't need to be an expert kernel developer,
but a bit of experience using a serial console to grab debugging
information wouldn't hurt.

Thanks!

robert_at_fledge.watson.org      Senior Research Scientist, McAfee Research