Re: pf startup script

From: Robert Schmaling <rschmali_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 21:31:07 -0500
Seems to work just fine.

Thank you,
----- Original Message -----
From: "Max Laier" <max_at_love2party.net>
To: "Claus Guttesen" <cguttesen_at_yahoo.dk>
Cc: "Robert Schmaling" <rschmali_at_comcast.net>; <freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 21, 2004 2:20 PM
Subject: Re: pf startup script

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 11:25:04PM +0100, Claus Guttesen wrote:
> > Is there supposed to be a startup script for pf
> > installed now that it's part
> > of the base system, or am I missing something?
>
> A bsd-fellow suggested I used the startup-script from
> pf in the ports-col. I placed it in
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d and changed the script, so it
> would load the pf-mod. from /boot/kernel.
>
> You cold copy ipfilter/ipfw and make a pf-script.

I planned to commit something for a while, but real-life (i.e. exams) and
missing libpcap-support -> missing pflogd stopped me until now. Attached is
my wip-version of rc.d/pf and required diff to defaults/rc.conf. Comments
welcome, as I am not very familiar with rcNG (it's more or less a copy of
the ipfilter script).

--
Best regards, | mlaier_at_freebsd.org
Max Laier | ICQ #67774661