Re: ver 5.2.1 installation

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 19:48:38 +0100
On Monday 22 March 2004 19:26, Doug White wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, T. Green wrote:
> > Help
> > Iwould like to know if this verison support intel ICH5 controller
>
> Seems to be working on a Tyan S2735 here at my office, but it appears Asus
> motherboards have interrupt assignment/routing problems if ACPI & APIC are
> enabled.  Otherwise it appears to be working with both PATA and SATA
> channels.

On my Asus P4P800 equipped with an ICH5 I have to disable usb to avoid
interrupt storms while in X (w/o X everything seems to work fine).

Truning off ACPI etc. does not boot the box at all, so I can't tell if it
works w/o.

I was wondering if it was my ATI graphic card (<ATI Radeon RV280 9200 SE>)
which causes the troubles, but it turned out that the same card works just
fine with an older Asus board using an ICH2 chipset.

--
Best regards,				| mlaier_at_freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661