Re: ata - interrupt seen but task queue stalled

From: Ketrien I. Saihr-Kesenchedra <ketrien_at_error404.nls.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:38:46 -0500
At 02:49 AM 3/23/2004, Søren Schmidt wrote:

>Didn't you say it was on a ROSB4 chipset ? The ROSB4 doesn't really
>support DMA on ATAPI devices, and has severe HW bugs that can cause
>problems with UDMA on disks as well..

Yes, but this and sysctl's are a non-issue. The controller is set to PIO4
and actually locked there. The drive itself doesn't do anything but PIO4,
being a slim CD-ROM. The OS resides on an ips. ie; This is a genuinely new
issue, and I can say with a fair degree of certainty that it's something
that's been changed. I can't break to debug either, but the kernel
configuration didn't change between working and non-working.

-Ketrien I. Saihr-Kesenchedra <ketrien AT error404 DOT nls DOT net>
# Maybe this world is another planet's hell. --Aldous Huxley
Feanor smiles, "We, of course, are enlightened and s/Maybe t/T"