RE: Problem with FreeBSD (4.9-REL to 5.2.1-REL) on NForce 2

From: Rob MacGregor <freebsd.macgregor_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 18:46:37 -0000

Well, nice to know that it *can* work.  Even in safe mode, with DMA disabled
and the drive running in PIO mode it still locks up on probing devices.  I
may just dig out a 4.2 ISO and give it a whirl.

The "bright" side is that I discovered forcedeth, a clean write of a network
driver for the NForce chipsets.  It's only for Linux, but that at least
means that it's possible for FreeBSD :)

--
 Rob | Oh my God! They killed init! You bastards!