Re: userland|unprivileged file system handling tools

From: William T. <wjt_at_isilon.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 23:40:34 -0800
Luigi Rizzo Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 05:45:09PM -0800:

>   + is there interest in having makefs become part of the
>     standard system, instead of a port ?

Yes please!

There has been many times where I would have liked access to a program
that could take a directory tree and convert it into a bottable
filesystem image, without having access to the devive/media which the
image is for.  This has been primarily for flash, but also hardrives,
(CD's are taken care of by the mkisofs utility).

I think it would be worthwile in base, however if it was a well
maintained port I would still be happy.

--
WJT.
Developer Support