Re: puc(4) device not attaching issue in -current

From: othermark <atkin901_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:24:00 -0800
Doug White wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, othermark wrote:
>> device 6.1 has chip 0x018111407=and pucdata.c has only has an entry
>> for 0x0180, so I'm not sure how it was picking up 0x0181 in earlier
>> releases, or that it still does and something else is blocking it
>> from happening...
>
> What happens if you add that PCI ID to the driver?

I took a spare machine, loaded 4.9-RELEASE off of cd and rebuilt the
kernel with 'device puc' and all the ports are attached successfully.

Of course the pci controllers are different.  I guess a another good test
is to see if -current on that spare machine will load all the ports.

--
othermark
atkin901 at nospam dot yahoo dot com