RE: LOR on current

From: Don Bowman <don_at_sandvine.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 15:23:36 -0500
From: Kris Kennaway [mailto:kris_at_obsecurity.org]
> On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 02:10:40PM -0500, Don Bowman wrote:
> > From: Kris Kennaway [mailto:kris_at_obsecurity.org]

> > > You really need to do some research before submitting the
> 500th copy
> > > of 2 non-bug reports :-)
> >
> > I was hoping that it would jog someone's memory. I've been
> > trying to do some research, but have not found a patch to
> > the problem. The machine locks up entirely, no debugger or anything,
> > so i'm at a bit of a loss not having debugged these before.
> >
> > is it expected that one can get a core or panic or into db
> > at this time?
> >
> > As you can imagine, searching for lock order reversal returns
> > a lot of hits.
> > is it 'kern/60581: lock order reversal'? this indicates its
> > a 'known false positive'... But my machine locks up solid.
> > So i think that's not it.
>
> Right, I think that's not the cause of your lockup :)

Not being one to believe in coincidences... I'm typing
on the serial console. The machine halts, i can no longer type.
some seconds pass, out pops that message. This time too it
returned. Most times (when i run two postgresql vacuums simulatenously
for example), that's the end of it.

I will continue to investigate.