Re: SF Bay area hackfest

From: Scott Long <scottl_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 13:27:47 -0700
Julian Elischer wrote:
> who cares?

That's the wrong answer.  There is a formal statement from the project
that sparc64 is a tier-1 platform and also the reference platform for 64
bit support.  The definition of tier-1 is that new functionality is
added to all tier-1 platforms.  This is no exception.  I'm not going to
re-open the tier discussion right now, though we indeed need to review
it in the next month or two.  For rgiht now, plan on supporting all
tier-1 platforms.  You don't need to necessarily write all the code
yourself for these, but you have to be prepared to take them into
consideration and take responsibility for getting the code written
by someone.

Scott