Re: LOR on current

From: Jon Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 16:47:07 -0600
On 3/24/2004 4:04 PM, Scott Long wrote:
> Don Bowman wrote:
>> can i switch asr to aac without reformatting my disks?
>
> I beleive so, but I'll have to get back to you on the details.
> There might be some gotchas.

I looked through the whole thread, so if I missed something and this is
a stupid question, I apologize:
I have an Adaptec 2100S (uses an i960RS according to the ASR source) --
does the above mean I can use the AAC driver instead of the ASR driver
(after adding the device id, of course)?

If you're not sure but optimistic, I'd be happy to give it a shot and
report back.  I have free disk space on one of my machines at home
(primarily Windows but I've run FreeBSD on it before).  I'd prefer if it
wouldn't nuke other partitions, but it's mostly games so it wouldn't be
a huge loss if it did.

Jon

P.S. Just be thankful you're not running Windows 9x.  The 2100S has
Windows 9x drivers, but even the most recently released version causes
extensive file corruption.  An IDE drive on the same machine is fine
with Windows 9x.  It seems to work fine with Windows 2000/XP, however.