Re: [UFS] Broken suiddir? (+patch)

From: Rafal Skoczylas <nils_at_secprog.org>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:30:02 +0100
On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 12:04:57PM +0100, Pawel Jakub Dawidek wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 11:32:22AM +0100, Rafal Skoczylas wrote:
> +> Indeed, but somehow it wasn't.
> +> [...]
> I've just tried and it works.
> Are you sure you have added +s bit on this directory?
> [...]
> Or maybe your file system isn't mounted with MNT_SUIDDIR flag?

It definitely was mounted MNT_SUIDDIR and the directory was +s.
Two things come to my mind:
1. I mounted MNT_SUIDDIR option with "mount -o suiddir,update"
   not at the system boot or umount->mount. But I don't
   actually believe this is the reason as the mount command
   is so widely used so it would come out before if it had
   such error.
2. I did some stupid mistake (overlooked or misinterpreted something)
   while testing or my system is broken somewhere else.
   I'll investigate this in the evening when I come back home.
In the latter case, I am sorry for the noise.

--
Rafal Skoczylas