Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode with samba

From: Doug White <dwhite_at_gumbysoft.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 11:37:38 -0800 (PST)
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004, Hilko Meyer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I get an Fatal Trap 12 message if I access a CD-ROM-drive  from a
> NT-machine over Samba. The CD-ROM is mountet with
> /dev/acd0      /cdrom          cd9660  ro,noauto,nosuid        0       0
> in the /etc/fstab.

What version of samba?

When did you sup -current last?

This is really bizarre if its in the quota code, since you don't have
quotas enabled in the kernel. It looks like something is not registering
the QUOTACTL VFS method properly and is leaving it zeroed.

I'll try to reproduce this on my work machine if I have time.

> http://www.hochpass.uni-hannover.de/~hilti/dmesg
> http://www.hochpass.uni-hannover.de/~hilti/dmesg.verbose
> The kernel.conf is here http://www.hochpass.uni-hannover.de/~hilti/KIRK

Could you try it without CPU_WT_ALLOC in your kernel? Thats not a widely
used option.