Re: Ok, who broke interface autoconfiguration?

From: Daniel Eischen <eischen_at_vigrid.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 16:39:01 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Andrew Gallatin wrote:

> Mike Silbersack writes:
>  >
>  > On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, Andrew Gallatin wrote:
> <....>
>  > > its nice to hear I'm not alone.
>  > >
>  > > Drew
>  >
>  > I should probably be more specific.  The problem I'm seeing is that the
>  > interface does not get configured whatsoever; no ssid, no IP, no wepkey,
>  > etc.  If I manually run ifconfig <etc>, all is well, so it's just
>  > something in the scripts that is no longer working properly when a pccard
>  > is inserted.
>
> Darn.  I guess I"m alone again..

A co-worker was experiencing the same type of problem with em0
and getting DHCP leases from a cable modem.  It was working
then started having intermittent problems when he cvsup'd
2 or 3 weeks ago.  I just blamed it on the cable modem/company
but perhaps there's something else at play?

--
Dan Eischen