Re: Ok, who broke interface autoconfiguration?

From: Jon Noack <noackjr_at_alumni.rice.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 04:30:40 -0600
On 3/26/2004 3:43 AM, Roberto Nunnari wrote:
> Daniel Eischen wrote:
>> A co-worker was experiencing the same type of problem with em0
>> and getting DHCP leases from a cable modem.  It was working
>> then started having intermittent problems when he cvsup'd
>> 2 or 3 weeks ago.  I just blamed it on the cable modem/company
>> but perhaps there's something else at play?
>
> I'm having kenel panic on 5.2.1-p3 during boot.. but it
> works fine with 5.2-p1.. it happens while network in
> configuration.. and I have em0 too..
>
> There may be a problem with em0? I posted on freebsd-net
> but nobody has answered yet..

I run several machines with em network cards and 5.2.1-p3 with no
issues.  I noticed your netmask is 255.255.254.0.  I wonder if the issue
only occurs with certain (rare?) netmasks.  I'm definitely grasping for
straws here.  In any case, it's ~4:30am local time so I will crawl off
to bed and hope this doesn't sound too moronic in the morning...

Jon