Re: Ok, who broke interface autoconfiguration?

From: Mike Silbersack <silby_at_silby.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 01:56:23 -0600 (CST)
On Thu, 25 Mar 2004, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> In message: <20040324202737.D672_at_odysseus.silby.com>
>             Mike Silbersack <silby_at_silby.com> writes:
> : Is anyone else having luck with their pccards with -current?  I'm getting
> : sick of typing ifconfig wi0 blah blah blah every time I reboot.
>
> works for me with both wi and an.  I insert the card and devd starts
> dhclient for me.  The only place I don't see it working is ndis0 for
> my 2200BG card.
>
> Warner

So now I bet you're going to claim that because I broke devd.conf while
playing around with palm syncing and caused devd not to start that this is
*my* fault!

This also explains why palm syncing hasn't been right for a while. :)

Would it be possible to have a /etc/defaults/devd.conf and a
/etc/devd.conf that are concatenated together by devd?  The reason I
messed up devd in the first place is because I hit "i" too many times in
mergemaster and overwrote my nice, working devd.conf.

(I'm having devd do "chmod 666 /dev/ucom0", in case you're wondering.)

Mike "Silby" Silbersack