Mouse bugs and devfs.

From: Eugene Lisitsky <el2000_at_km.ru>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 15:53:32 +0400
Hello All!

Recently I worked in Kivio (from KDE 3.2.1; program was compiled from
ports) with mouse and keyboard. During the moving object with pressed
Ctrl key the bug occured. Mouse cursor stalled on the screen and didn't
answer on mouse moving or pressing it's keys.
I switched to a console, but mouse didn't work there even the cursor
was not visible. I restated moused, cursor appeared, but didn't move
with mouse and disappered on keyboard pressing. So this bug isn't in
moused but in mouse ports. Is there way to reset mouse port or
reinitialize device in devfs? I deleted /dev/psm0, after that moused
didn't start with message "Device /dev/psm0 not found".
Is it possible to recreate device "on the fly"? Such as /dev/da0 can
appear and disapper on attaching and detaching flash bar drive. I
guess there must be a system call to rescan devices.
I found only one - reboot :(

System:
 i386
 CPU - Celeron 1.7GHz
 FreeBSD 5.2.1-RELEASE, installed 5.2 and then recompiled with 5.2.1 sources.
 Mouse PS/2.

Thank you.

--
Best regards,
 Eugene                          mailto:el2000_at_km.ru