Re: Fatal trap 12: page fault while in kernel mode with samba

From: Hilko Meyer <Hilko.Meyer_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 23:57:59 +0200
Doug White schrieb:
>I haven't had time to look at this.
>
>Can y ou try it with -CURRENT, if you ahve't already?

I can, but I don't want to do that. And it's no longer necessary. I've
installed the recent update of the samba 2.2.8 port this evening and
discovered the reason of the panic at the time.

I've compiled the former samba with the folowing options:
WITH_ACL_SUPPORT=YES BATCH=YES WITH_QUOTAS=YES
And I've compiled the kernel without quota-support.
*sigh*
A memory like a sieve...

But I ask me, if that is only a workaround, because I think that an kernel
panic should not occur

bye,
Hilko