Re: Last NSS commit is very dangerous

From: Lewis Thompson <lewiz_at_fajita.org>
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 22:44:15 +0100
On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 12:39:21PM -0600, Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2004 at 05:31:32PM +0400, Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > Symptoms are: base system programs can't find user and group names,
> > libc resolver not resolve anything.
> >
> > When I return
> > net/nsdispatch.c
> > net/nss_compat.c
> > include/nss_tls.h
> > to their previous versions, all works normally as before.
>
> I'd really like DETAILS from anyone else encountering any difficulties
> after yesterday's NSS commit.  I have so far been unable to reproduce
> the issue, nor has the patch submitter been able to reproduce it.

I'm not sure if this is strictly related, but...

  Over in questions_at_ there is a post with the subject ``A night with
threads and gdb''
(http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&frame=right&th=661b360a4c3c841e&seekm=4069A381.4020206_netfence.it%40ns.sol.net#link1),
which has details on nss_ldap causing ls to segfault.

  Sorry if this isn't quite what you were after (but please take a look
anyway :)

  Best wishes,

-lewiz.

--
I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now.  --Bob Dylan, 1964.
-| msn:purple_at_lewiz.net | jabber:lewiz_at_jabber.org | url:www.lewiz.org |-