Re: GEOM Gate committed!

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 12:20:28 +0200
On Mon, 3 May 2004 23:55:23 +0200
Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd_at_freebsd.org> wrote:

> Thing to note: ggated(8) is absolutely GEOM-unaware and not FreeBSD
> specific at all. It is a simple network daemon that opens given device
> or file and read from/write to it, that's all. So it should be really
> trivial to port it to other operating systems and exports disk devices
> from them.

If I export a device (e.g. /dev/vinum/a_lot_of_space) rw via ggated, am
I allowed to mount it locally too (e.g. for exporting it via samba too)?
>From what you told above I don't think so. Would it be hard to make this
possible? What about more than one client which accesses a device in rw
mode?

Do you intend to MFC ggated (or to make it a separate tarball, to make
it more easy to use it on different systems too)?

Bye,
Alexander.

--
                    I'm available to get hired.