Re: ALTQ + PF

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 14:53:21 +0200
On Thursday 06 May 2004 04:15, Marcos Biscaysaqu - Thepacific.net wrote:
> Hi there.
> I been used pf and altq long time on 5.1 and 5.2 release, but now I need
> run a current 5.2V and I can't make altq work,
> someones know how make it work?

Currently it is not possible as the ALTQ patchset from rofug.ro is available
for 5.2R only and comes without support for pf classification.

BUT ... I have a WIP which brings latest KAME altq sources + an Update for pf
as of OpenBSD 3.5 ... there is some work left before I can/want to reveal the
patches to public, but you will see them on the lists over the next couple of
days.

I have decided to bring only disciplines which have pf support for a start, as
the standalone classifier and the altq interfaces are quite hard to do in
terms of locking. This will bring the support in line with OpenBSD.

Also note, that I will provide only drivers which I can test myself (xl, fxp,
sis, rl, ?ed?, ??sk?? and the pseudo drivers: tun, ppp, lo, ...), but will
happily sync in user-submitted drivers. The aim is to get ALTQ into the tree
finally, so all driver modification (as minimal as they might seem) have to
be well-tested!

More on that when I post the patches.

--
Best regards,				| mlaier_at_freebsd.org
Max Laier				| ICQ #67774661