Re: nVidia FX Support?

From: Craig Boston <craig_at_xfoil.gank.org>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 12:55:19 -0500
On Thursday 06 May 2004 08:00 am, Kenneth Culver wrote:
> The thing that bugs me is that I have apic in the kernel, and the card
> is still
> at irq 11. I already tried removing agp from the kernel along with apic,
> but the only thing that shows up on the screen is garbage. (the machine
> doesn't hang though :-P.

Hmmm, I had a similar problem (just showing garbage when X started), but
removing apic fixed it for me.  I don't think the nvidia driver plays very
well with apic on UP machines...  Not too surprising since it was written
before that was even an option.

I'm not using it at the moment though -- went back to "nv" because it was more
stable and I wanted to be able to use libkse^H^H^Hpthread.

Craig