Re: em(4) problems.

From: Andre Oppermann <andre_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2004 22:23:19 +0200
Andre Oppermann wrote:

> Søren Schmidt wrote:
> >
> > Andre Oppermann wrote:

> > > What MIIPHY does the card have?
> >
> > No idea, builtin of sorts, there is no mention of it in the probe, and
> > no HW to see on the boards. I have two different boards with these on
> > them both show the problem...
>
> There must be some sort of MII message in dmesg.

I'm wrong.  em uses built in PHYs indeed.  Which also means link_state
doesn't work there...

Check out the function em_local_timer() in sys/dev/em/if_em.c and maybe
you get some more insight by enabling if debugging or putting some
printf's in there.  What makes me a little bit wondering is the direct
use of printf() instead of dev_printf().  I don't know what the locking
implications are if any.

--
Andre