Re: Default behaviour of IP Options processing

From: David W. Chapman Jr. <dwcjr_at_inethouston.net>
Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 17:35:45 -0500
> We are using RR option all the time to track down routing asymmetry
> and traceroute is not an option, ping -R is very useful in that cases.
> We all know that ipfw (and I am sure all other *pf*) is able to
> process ip opts quite well and personally see no point in this
> sysctls.  I fail to see a documentation update (inet.4 ?) as well.
>
> It is not clear for me why you ever ask for opinions after commit not
> before.  Strick "nay" if you care :-)

He hasn't changed the default yet.  But I think for the select few
who actually use such tcp options, they can enable it.  Most of the
users however will not need this.  I think the point that is trying
to be made is that they want the default installation to be more
secure and those who need these features can simply turn them on.

--
David W. Chapman Jr.
dwcjr_at_inethouston.net	Raintree Network Services, Inc. <www.inethouston.net>