Re: mplayer

From: Kevin Oberman <oberman_at_es.net>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 13:23:56 -0700
> From: Christer Solskogen <solskogen_at_carebears.mine.nu>
> Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 22:03:37 +0200
> Sender: owner-freebsd-current_at_freebsd.org
>
> I did a cvsup, and a upgrade of my FreeBSD system today(CURRENT)
> and now i cant run mplayer anymore[1].
> I also did a recompile of mplayer, but it did not help. anyone else
> notice this?
>
> [1]
> $ mplayer
> Segmentation fault (core dumped

Odds are excellent that something that gets linked to mplayer is trying
to use the wrong thread library. Have you tried mapping all threading to
use libpthread and not to use libc_r? These things are really hard to
track down when plug-ins are used by a program and simply using ldd to
check on what libs are called won't find the problem.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)