Re: Unified getcwd() implementation

From: Bruce M Simpson <bms_at_spc.org>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 00:55:56 +0100
On Fri, May 07, 2004 at 08:01:19PM +1000, Tim Robbins wrote:
> Why is this necessary? Emulation of the Linux getcwd() syscall belongs
> in the Linux emulator. There is also some fairly blatantly plagiarised code
> in this patch.

I rolled the patch before I was a committer in response to an item on
PHK's JKH tasklist.

The getcwd() implementation in the Linux module is not inherently Linux
specific; but it does implement the name-finding without using the name
cache, by scanning directories. The patch merges the name cache and
non-name-cache based implementations of getcwd() to address the PRs which
Marc cited in his earlier message.

You seem to be concerned about plagiarism. Could you clarify or explain
your concerns?

BMS