Looking for pf _at_ FreeBSD documentation

From: Max Laier <max_at_love2party.net>
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 23:09:10 +0200
All,

as some of you know, pf is now part of the FreeBSD tree as contributed
software. This, however, is not documented in any non-manpage way, yet. Hence
I write this, to initiate such documentation and hope for your help in
creating such.

For a start, it'd be great to have an article to explain about pf and give
pointers how to get started with it. A tutorial which explains how to setup a
simple dial-up ppp + NAT firewall would also be great (as I believe that the
pf in-kernel NAT is more than an alternative to the existing options). There
are such documents available for OpenBSD already, most noteable the PF FAQ on
the OpenBSD homepage. The copyright for this document have been clarified by
a recent commit:
	http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=openbsd-cvs&m=108389500216473&w=2
which makes it a prime candidate for reference. Thanks to Nick Holland and
Joel Knight for this! They asked for permission to use FreeBSD changes to the
documentation, which is common sense imo and should not be a problem. More
links to (OpenBSD) documentation are available from:
	http://pf4freebsd.love2party.net/
	http://www.benzedrine.cx/pf.html
	http://www.openbsd.org/

Questions:
Q: What version to document?
A: At the moment we are still level with OpenBSD 3.4, but an update to OpenBSD
   3.5 will happen in a bit. As it should take some time to get documentation
   ready I think documenting 3.5 would be best. There will be some quirks with
   the interface handling, which I will explain in detail once we have patches
   ready.

Q: While writting I found that XYZ is strange, can you change it?