Best P4 Intel chipset for raid 1

From: Kim Culhan <w8hdkim_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 08:40:34 -0700 (PDT)
Supermicro have a pair of similar P-4 motherboards, the P4SCE and the P4SCT+.

The main difference appears to be the inclusion of a Marvell SATA controller on the SCT+.

Is the Marvell SATA controller expected to be of much value in FreeBSD -current ?

We have a 1-U server with the SCE and a 3ware controller using the single card slot. The 3ware is used to enable mirrored drives.

We would like to use the single slot for a hardware crypto accelerator and are hoping to have raid 1 on the mobo sata controller at some point to make this possible.

Is bootable raid 1 on one of these controllers in the future ?

-kim