panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies

From: Bjoern A. Zeeb <bzeeb-lists_at_lists.zabbadoz.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 19:32:17 +0000 (UTC)
Hi,

got a panic with the kernel/world from today 10:53 UTC on amd64:

panic: softdep_deallocate_dependencies: dangling deps at line ...
... sys/ufs/ffs/ffs+softdep.c
cpuid=0;

--- code ---
/*
 * Called whenever a buffer that is being invalidated or reallocated
 * contains dependencies. This should only happen if an I/O error has
 * occurred. The routine is called with the buffer locked.
 */
static void
softdep_deallocate_dependencies(bp)
        struct buf *bp;
{

        if ((bp->b_ioflags & BIO_ERROR) == 0)
                panic("softdep_deallocate_dependencies: dangling deps");
        softdep_error(bp->b_vp->v_mount->mnt_stat.f_mntonname, bp->b_error);
        panic("softdep_deallocate_dependencies: unrecovered I/O error");
}
--- /code ---

happening every boot now when background fsck is running; machine
previously crashed once with new kernel and old fsck.

can reproduce it every reboot when not killing autoboot script fast
enough;

don't have serial console :( so here is the handwritten output of

 db> where:

spftdep_deallocate_dependecies +0x52
brelse +0xe5
flushbuflist +0x14d