Re: cvs commit: src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpidump acpi_user.c acpidump.h

From: Nate Lawson <nate_at_root.org>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 09:58:20 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 14 May 2004, Nate Lawson wrote:
> njl         2004/05/14 09:52:39 PDT
>
>   FreeBSD src repository
>
>   Modified files:
>     usr.sbin/acpi/acpidump acpi_user.c acpidump.h
>   Log:
>   Instead of scanning the entire lower 1 MB of RAM, only scan locations
>   where the RSD PTR can actually occur.  According to section 5.2.2
>   of the ACPI spec, we only consider two regions for the base address:
>
>       1. EBDA (0x0 - 0x3FF)
>       2. High memory (0xE0000 - 0xFFFFF)
>
>   I don't know whether this fixes any actual problems but is more correct.
>
>   Revision  Changes    Path
>   1.8       +42 -29    src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpidump/acpi_user.c
>   1.14      +11 -0     src/usr.sbin/acpi/acpidump/acpidump.h

Please recompile and test acpidump by running acpidump -t.  Also, it might
be nice to test it on systems with acpi disabled[*] since I think this
should work now.

-Nate

* Disabled in FreeBSD, not in the BIOS.  It is not possible to run
acpidump on a machine with ACPI disabled in the BIOS since the tables will
not be present.

This commit brought to you by slow bridge traffic this morning.  :)